Thursday, June 17, 2010

Funky, DIY garden markers

 Oh, how I wish I could claim this idea as my own.  But alas, I have to credit Linda from the Garden Web for her creativity.  I was happy to come across it, since one of the things I've been collecting at flea markets are old license plates.  My thinking is that you never know what you could do with them.  And now I know!


Another cute idea for garden markers comes from Jessica at Window Ledge Arts.  For the DIY instructions, click here.  Thrift stores and flea markets always have dozens of spoons and other utensils.  The letters were
made by a metal stamp kit.  Jessica recommends using older spoons since they're thinner and easier to pound flat.

Fern (now, how much more perfect of a name could have if you're an avid gardener?), from Life on the Balcony made these super easy garden markers out of river stones.  These as so easy, you can let the kids go wild with them.  Imagine the colors they'll come up with.  Plus, what a great idea for Christmas gifts for the gardeners in your life.  My kids love to make gifts for people.

And now, I'm off to start cutting up license plates...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with it: